The ride starts at Deakin, on the northern end of Red Hill Nature Reserve and sweeps south and west to end at Stromlo Forest Park. The route strings together a number of Canberra Nature Park reserves.
The “South Canberra ridges” article can be found here.
Canberra Nature Park reserves on the ride:
- Red Hill Nature Reserve
- Mount Mugga Mugga Nature Reserve
- Isaacs Ridge Nature Reserve
- Farrer Ridge Nature Reserve
- Mount Taylor Nature Reserve
- Cooleman Ridge Nature Reserve
- Narrabundah Hill Nature Reserve *
I recommend this ride. If you do not want to ride the full length then any of the reserves mentioned here are worth a visit. There is much to see.
Note: * Narrabundah Hill Nature Reserve is not one of the Canberra Nature Park reserves. More about this another time.