There are play spaces popping up all over Canberra. Here is an overview of where, and more information on one planned for Coombs, and two found in the Kippax and Calwell town centre master plans. A play ground near you can be found on an OpenStreetMap interactive map.
Where you will find a play space now:
- Denman Prospect Ridgeline Park, Denman Prospect, Molonglo Valley
- National Arboretum
- Moncrieff Community Recreational Park Playground, Moncrieff, Gungahlin
Large play grounds with picnic facilities
- Yerrabi Pond, Wunderlich Street, Gungahlin
- Western Foreshore District Playground, Lake Ginninderra, Belconnen
Coombs Play Space
The last consultation for Coombs Play Space at Holden’s Creek Pond threw up some surprises. The design has now been finalised.
Revised Design Specification
Elements to be retained:
– Discovery Play Zone – 0-5 age group
– Exploration Play Zone – 2-8 year age group
– Thrill Play Zone – 5-15 year age group
– BBQ and shaded picnic area
Elements to be removed
– Multi-Sport Court
– Toilet Facilities
– Sculptural Mist Play ZoCoombs Play Space at Holden’s Creek Pond – Final design specification, Januray 2020 update, Molonglo Valley, Suburban Land Agency, accessed 3/2/2020
Read the Coombs Play Space YourSay ACT Government consultation for details.
Final Master Plans
- Kippax play space, Kippax Group Centre Master Plan, YourSay, accessed 2/6/2020
- Calwell play space, Calwell Group Centre Master Plan, YourSay, accessed 2/6/2020