Canberra Nature Park makes it possible to ride through a network of reserves that are interconnected without ever crossing a major road. One of these areas is in the south east of Canberra.
There is an area bound by four major roads but with no roads in between:
- Hindmarsh Drive in the north
- Long Gully Road/Mugga Lane in the south
- Yamba Drive in the east
- Monaro Highway in the west.
You will find several interconnnected reserves:
- Jerrabomberra West Grasslands Nature Reserve
- Callum Brae Nature Reserve
- Mount Mugga Mugga Nature Reserve
- Isaacs Ridge Nature Reserve
- Long Gully Pine Plantation.
Canberra.bike will review each separately, and Long Gully Pine Plantation will be reviewed first.