Vulnerable road users are pedestrians and cyclists that can be fatally injured in a collision with a motor vehicle. Road Policing is reminding drivers that distractions greatly multiply the risks of something going wrong.
“Driving is something many of us do every day, but you have to pay attention to what you’re doing,” Detective Inspector Boorman said.
“If you’re not paying attention, it’s much more likely you’ll hit something. That could be a pedestrian, a cyclist, or another vulnerable road user, and the consequences there can be tragic.Police doubling the road safety focus on drivers multiplying risks, ACT Policing
Read more about vulnerable road users here.
- Australian cycling safety 2015
- Why speed kills cyclists
- Safe roads for kids
- Coppins Crossing is missing bike lanes and more
- Vulnerable road users get special attention
- 3 reasons for cycle paths
- Cycling injuries to children
- Safety is all in the mind
- Cycle highways for commuting
- Sharing the road: we all need a smile
- The inconvenient truth of 30km/h local streets
- Active Travel Streets: making cycling safer