Coombs and Wright tender RFT SL2106244 (24 June 2021) for the development of the blocks on the intersections of Steve Irwin Avenue, Fred Daly Avenue, and John Gorton Drive. As announced the tender is a two stage process but it was not clear to me how long this process was going to take. Construction could start in 2022. A three-year construction period does not seem unreasonable.
TWO-STAGE PROCESSRFT SL2106244, Coombs – CZ5 – Multi Unit Site – B1 S21, Coombs – CZ4 – Local Centre Site – Block 2 Section 36, North Wright – CZ5 Mixed Use Site – Block 1 Section 39, released 24 June 2021, accessed 10 August 2021.
(1) The Suburban Land Agency has issued this RFT in two stages.
(2) The first stage comprises of this document and the process set out seeking Compliant Tenders.
(3) The Suburban Land Agency invites Tenderers to submit Stage 1 Tenders to this RFT, subject to the terms and conditions set out or referred to in this document.
(4) Tenderers should note that, in submitting a Stage 1 Tender, they are not committing to purchase the Land and are not required to participate in the second stage of this RFT.
(5) Parties who:
(a) fail to submit a Stage 1 Tender that is a Compliant Tender; or
(b) do not submit a Stage 1 Tender,
will not be invited to participate in the second stage of the RFT.
(6) Stage 2 of the RFT may require Tenderers to:
(a) provide concept development plans (which may be subject to review from the Design Review Panel);
(b) address community feedback; and/or
(c) make a financial offer for the Land; and
(7) Prospective Tenderers should be aware that the Crown Leases for each block comprising of the Land (which will be disclosed in Stage 2 of the RFT) may:
(a) contain mandatory uses;
(b) contain obligations to transfer the Public Housing Dwellings to the Territory or its nominee (in respect of Block 1 Section 39 Wright only);
(c) contain restrictions on certain uses; and/or
(d) not include some uses which would generally be permitted under the Territory Plan.
10 TIMEFRAMES AND QUESTIONS
An indicative timetable for the RFT process is set out below, however, the dates specified in the timetable are subject to change at Suburban Land Agency’s absolute discretion.
RFT – Stage One Date/TimeRFT SL2106244, Coombs – CZ5 – Multi Unit Site – B1 S21, Coombs – CZ4 – Local Centre Site – Block 2 Section 36, North Wright – CZ5 Mixed Use Site – Block 1 Section 39, released 24 June 2021, accessed 10 August 2021.
Release of this RFT 24 June 2021
Last day for asking clarification questions 10 August 2021
Stage 1 Closing Date and time 2:00pm on 19 August 2021
Notification to Tenderers whether Tenders were Compliant Tenders
October 2021 RFT – Stage Two Date/Time
Release of Stage 2 of the RFT November 2021